Associate, Constituent Services (CHI #2021-77)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for an Associate, Constituent Services to join our incredible team in Chicago, IL office.
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for an Associate, Constituent Services to join our incredible team in Chicago, IL office. Working as a Constituent Services Team member, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for revenue and acknowledgement processing, database management, and reporting across designated offices.
- Demonstrate a ‘constituent first’ level of service by ensuring that requests for service and support (phone, email, etc.) are quickly addressed.
- Ensure Constituent Services business rules and processes are being performed accurately and consistently.
- Serve as point person for revenue processing for HelpLine and National online mission courses.
- Provide first line of support for Freedom From Smoking (FFS Online) platform.
- In partnership with both mission and marketing teams, ensure material orders are submitted and invoices processed.
- Serve as hub for National mission invoices, posting on Constituent Services Share Point site; track and flag field staff on any unpaid invoices.
- Process deposits daily and prepare deposit packets according to Constituent Services procedures, ensuring that all revenue is accurately recorded in the appropriate database (ROI, Convio, OneCause, etc.).
- Work alongside Constituent Services team members to ensure third-party donations are properly recorded (YourCause, EventBrite, Kindest, Causz, etc.).
- Responsible for entry of unconfirmed revenue.
- Identify and correct misdirected donations to ensure donor intent is honored.
- Prepare and distribute donor acknowledgments (general donations, donor-advised funds, IRA, special events, etc.), ensuring adherence to business rules and tax guidelines for various gift types.
- Oversight of constituent records, including accurate account creation, usage of primary corporate accounts, and duplicate consolidation.
- Assist in other Constituent Services projects and duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Two to three years of solid administrative experience with ability to handle a variety of inquiries with timeliness and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people skills working as part of an internal team and with external volunteers.
- Ability to organize and multi-task and pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate and work independently for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience using database systems.
- Knowledge of telephone systems, copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish a plus.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V