Coordinator, Health Promotions (CA #2122-51)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the California Region.
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the California Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to coordinate, implement and evaluate lung health programs throughout Chico and surrounding markets and implement the North Valley Regional Rural grant in Chico. This position is grant-funded.
- Assist the project manager to develop, implement and evaluate public health education programs focused on lung health awareness and smokefree spaces.
- Support coalition-building and conduct community outreach activities within the service area.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth across assigned areas.
- Work with manager to coordinate all aspects of grant projects activities, including trainings, presentations, education health fairs, etc. and serve as lead for these activities.
- Help to develop and effectively utilize timelines and work plans to ensure completion of program deliverables.
- Explore opportunities to connect and enhance collaborations throughout the Lung Association
- Contribute to quarterly progress reports and monthly reporting of grant activities.
- Research and implement best practices for smokefree programs and initiatives within rural priority populations.
- Collaborate with project director in growing American Lung Association programs within assigned territory.
- Provide support for California mission and development events, such as lung cancer workshop, LUNG FORCE Walk, Conference, and other related activities.
- Actively participate in and support local coalitions
- Participate on national American Lung Association program workgroups and committees as requested.
- Provide support for annual report, awards, grants and other activities assigned.
- Participate in and support community related programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, communications, or related field preferred.
- Some experience in public health or related field.
- Experience in coalition building and community health development.
- Experience in communications, media, or marketing.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to clearly articulate the mission and vision of the ALA.
- Strong project management skills in order to research, develop, and execute specific program deliverables.
- Strategic in developing/maintaining relationships with medical professionals, public health community, and members of the public.
- Computer literate; knowledge using Microsoft programs helpful.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required. Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V