Coordinator, Health Promotions – Part time (NY #2122-69)
White Plains, NY
Job Number: NY #2122-69
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a Coordinator, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Northeast Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to coordinate, implement, and evaluate lung health programs throughout New York markets as well as coordinate and implement the Hudson Valley Asthma Coalition grant in the New York market. This position is grant-funded.
- In collaboration with the HVAC Manager, coordinate and execute all aspects of the Hudson Valley Asthma Coalition (HVAC) grant, including providing asthma self-management education to clinical/community settings and in homes
- Support HVAC Manager in providing guidelines-based education to clinical and non-clinical staff, to increase certified asthma educators in New York
- Assist HVAC Manager with evaluation activities including collecting, entering, and reporting of data
- Create and manage statewide communications, including social media, website, email lists and newsletters
- Provide logistical support for asthma training workshops, meetings, and events
- Assist in developing and writing various educational materials
- Organize, track, and order educational, program, and office supplies as requested
- Coordinate purchasing and preparation of materials for education programs and trainings as designated by grant managers
- Serve on ALA’s regional and national workgroups and committees as requested
- Represent the association as a member of community, civic, and/or health coalitions and organizations related to the ALA’s mission
- Build, maintain, and cultivate relationships with funders, facilitators, and community partners to encourage program delivery, sustainability, and growth in service territory, including ALA signature programs where applicable
- Select and participate in local, state, and national seminars and courses designed to increase skills and knowledge related to job requirements
- Participate in and support all area events and perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience, required
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health
- Prior experience in developing and implementing community awareness, education, and programs specifically related to areas of public health
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to multi-task and positive attitude with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Able to work with minimum direct supervision, make decisions, and take initiative
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward relationships across a diverse population
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends with some overnights required
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel statewide for providing technical assistance, meetings and conferences as required by assigned grants
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V