National Coordinator, Finance (SPI #2122-58)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Coordinator, Finance to join our incredible team in Springfield, IL.
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Coordinator, Finance to join our incredible team in Springfield, IL. Working as a member of the Finance and Accounting team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible to coordinates and administers all accounts receivable/deposit functions, general ledger account analyses and reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and grant reconciliations as assigned.
- Perform all daily deposit functions, including but not limited to updating bank deposit entries and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare adjusting entries as required and review reports for coding errors and duplicate payments.
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Set up and maintain a record and filing system of deposit files and other financial records for retrieval or review by supervisor.
- Analysis and reconciliation of company card transactions.
- Coordination of Plan D payments and paperwork with CFO
- Prepare monthly grant journal entries to recognize revenue and record indirect costs. Includes reconciling grant deferred revenue, for grants assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Two years of solid not-for-profit accounting experience is preferred.
- Computerized accounting experience is highly desirable
- Ability to handle a variety of inquiries with timeliness and accuracy
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work independently, as well as a team member. Capable of handling all aspects of A/R using a computerized system.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V