National Specialist, Graphic Design (IL #2122-06)
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Specialist, Graphic Design to join our incredible team in the Chicago, IL office.
The American Lung Association has an excellent opportunity for a National Specialist, Graphic Design to join our incredible team in the Chicago, IL office. Working as a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you the graphic design specialist plays a key role for the American Lung Association marketing team by creating a multitude of creative digital and print assets. This role will be responsible for delivering polished assets utilizing innovative design that aligns with digital channel specifications as well as brand guidelines to create the best brand experience.
- Build the American Lung Association brand through quality, thoughtful design. Provide creative digital assets through nationwide channels, including (but not limited to): website images, social media graphics, motion graphics, infographics, video thumbnails and GIFs. Optimize all creative work to digital channel specifications.
- Assist with collateral design development that is in line with related materials and maintains brand consistency. Ensure all designs follow brand guidelines.
- Keep digital creative files for the team systemized, organized and archived on an ongoing basis. Ensure all digital creative is optimized to digital channel specifications.
- From concept to finished product, proactively communicate and collaborate with members of the marketing & communications team and other stakeholders to bring ideas to life.
- Identify and act on opportunities. Research consumer marketplace trends and competitors’ activities to bring new ideas to the table.
- Continue developing creative skills through ongoing education of marketing technology, digital trends and new processes.
- Attend weekly meetings and track all projects in order to keep supervisor informed of current workload. Utilize the established ticketing system for tracking deliverables and to provide KPIs.
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented work environment by understanding and complying with the organization’s policies and values and being a brand ambassador for the American Lung Association.
- Degree or certificate in related field required
- Minimum of 5+ year’s job-related experience on a creative services team inside a marketing department or advertising agency
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Canva experience is a plus.
- Experience with use of a customer service ticketing service for execution a plus.
- Should possess a passion for great work in a team environment.
- Familiar with responsive design principles to render digital assets for multiple devices including desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Familiar with design best practices for organic and paid social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus.
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Manage timelines of multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines – possess strong project management skills
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free workplace; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form. Also, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless approved for medical or religious exemption.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to (include the job title and the job number in the subject of the email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V