The time is now to build a healthier nation.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted many aspects of our country affecting lung health that are in desperate need of attention, reform and investment. Now, as Congress works on legislation to rebuild our nation, there is an opportunity to improve healthcare and protect health from climate change and air pollution that we cannot afford to miss.
- Invest in the transition to zero-emission vehicles, including school buses
- Invest in clean, non-combustion renewable electricity
- Prioritize frontline communities for pollution cleanup
- Extend the expansion of healthcare premium subsidies
- Close the Medicaid coverage gap
- Permanently fund the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Ensure continuous eligibility for children in Medicaid and CHIP
- Reduce youth tobacco use by increasing federal taxes on e-cigarettes and other tobacco products
There are two easy ways you can do this:
Call the number below to be automatically connected with your senators in Congress. You'll make two total calls, one for each senator. Share your name and where you live, then use the bullet points(above) to guide what you say.
Call your senators at: 1-866-381-4595
(call twice to reach each senator)
We've drafted an email to the Senate that outlines how they can support investments that improve health equity, access to quality and affordable healthcare, lung health, clean air, and a safer climate.
Thank you for joining us in leading for lungs. Let's all make sure Congress invests in a healthier future
Page last updated: November 29, 2021