Children Are Susceptible to COVID-19 Too
It is important to remember that anyone, at any age, can get severely ill from COVID-19. In general, children have been less affected by severe COVID-19 disease compared with adults. However, children with health conditions such as asthma or chronic lung disease, congenital heart disease, diabetes and obesity can be at higher risk for severe illness when compared with children who do not have health conditions. Children who have not been vaccinated are at increased risk for developing one rare, but potentially serious condition associated with COVID-19 is called multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C).
Additional benefits to COVID-19 Vaccination:
- Keeps your kids in school
- Allows children to fully participant in extracurricular activities
- Less missed workdays due to COVID-19 exposure or infection in your children
- Helps contribute to the decline of COVID-19 cases
- Helps decrease the likelihood for additional variants
After your child is vaccinated, enroll them in v-safe to share how your child is feeling after receiving their COVID-19 vaccination.
5 Reasons Your Child Should Get the COVID-19 Vaccine
Answering Questions About Children and the COVID-19 Vaccine
Page last updated: July 6, 2022